Materials: Quality is our first consideration in choosing materials for our designs. Many people gravitate toward hardwood when considering a piece of furniture, but hardwood, while beautiful and natural, may not be the best material for certain applications. It also can add considerable cost to a project and may not be the most ecological choice. For instance, the outside of our media cabinet is made with a no-added formaldehyde classic-core plywood. The outside of the plywood is perfect for painting while the interior retains its integrity for screws and dowels. Because hardwood moves, when it is painted, lines can pop-up in the finish. The doors are made with applied veneer, which itself is a thin layer of hardwood (and ecologically responsible). The base is made with walnut hardwood.
All of our items are made to order and we take great pride in hand-picking our materials and having a master-craftsman see the project through from beginning to end. Please allow three to four weeks for fabrication and one week for delivery.
Instructions for All Wood Furniture:
- Moisture and heat can damage any wood finish. Protect your furniture by using coasters and trivets. Always wipe up moisture promptly and dry with a soft cloth.
- Avoid dragging sharp or rough objects across the surface of your wood furniture. Using adhesive felt pads, trivets, coasters and placemats will help prevent scratches.
- Dust with a soft, dry, untreated cloth.
- Avoid direct contact with rubber bumpers and candle wax as it may react with the wood's finish and leave a stain.
- Maintain consistent humidity levels to minimize seasonal expansion and contraction of wood and prevent warping.
- Over time, air and sunlight will change the color of natural wood. Occasionally rotate the items placed on your wood furniture to allow a more uniform color to develop. Expose table leaves to the same amount of air and sunlight as your table.
- Care for your wood furniture according to its finish.